There so are many benefits to your ALIA membership.
PERSONAL MEMBER BENEFITS
Stay up to date
Ensure you remain current with ALIA’s free member access to over 130 online full text professional journals with ProQuest’s Library Science package.
ALIA Members can now download over 100 specialist LIS ebooks covering a wide range of relevant topics. Read them online or offline on a laptop or ebook reading device. Our concurrent usage arrangement means you won’t have to wait. It’s quick, easy and absolutely free.
Receive ALIA’s INCITE magazine to keep you informed about industry news, trends and all the latest developments in the library and information community.
Our e-newsletters will ensure you are up to date with the latest news and trends through weekly and monthly updates.
Receive support and advice
Search for the latest LIS jobs and sign up for an enewsletter to have vacancies sent directly to your inbox.
Benefit from ALIA’s extensive industry advocacy work at all levels of government, and with other associations both in Australia and overseas.
Access ALIA’s Copyright resources.
Support your career by accessing ALIA’s extensive Career Connect resources.
Access ALIA’s Professional Development and Career advisory service for personal, relevant and timely guidance.
Apply for one of our many Excellence or Research Awards.
Join one of ALIA’s Advisory Committees, or nominate for the Board of Directors.
Develop your networks
Increase your professional networks by volunteering for an ALIA Group.
If you can’t be at your local group’s meetings and events, then join an elist and contribute to discussions. ALIA provides opportunities to interact with professional colleagues face to face or electronically so they can share knowledge and best practices and advance the profession.
- Refresh and update your skills and knowledge, or learn something new to broaden your professional scope. ALIA Training is open to all members at a reduced rate.
- Learning is facilitated through traditional face to face workshops and seminars alongside a variety of contemporary, online interfaces. Many courses are self-paced so can be completed at a time to suit today’s busy lifestyles and some courses may even be credited towards future formal tertiary study.
- Benefit from discounted registrations on ALIA Events and Conferences along with discounted registrations to events held by our partner associations.
- Join ALIA’s Professional Development Scheme, which is open to all Associate and Library Technician members. The scheme is designed to create a formal record of your personal investment in your professional career by gaining Certified Professional membership.
INSTITUTIONAL MEMBER BENEFITS
Stay up to date
- Receive ALIA’s INCITE magazine to keep your staff informed about industry news, trends and all the latest developments in the library and information community (members at C4, C5 and C6 have the option to receive up to 3 free subscriptions with the same mailing address).
- Complimentary subscription to The Journal of the Australian Library and Information Association (JALIA). This will keep you and your staff up to date with Australian library issues ranging from ongoing research to day-to-day news from the workplace.
- Receive a generous discount on the annual subscription of the Australian Academic and Research Libraries.
- Ensure you and your staff remains up to date with the latest news and trends through our weekly and monthly enewsletters.
Receive support and advice
- Access ALIA’s copyright resources.
- Benefit from ALIA’s extensive industry advocacy work at all levels of government, and with other associations both in Australia and overseas.
Support the Association that supports the profession
- Support ALIA’s Course Accreditation program and help ALIA to maintain education standards for our profession.
- Benefit from ALIA’s lobbying and advocacy work through your membership.
- Support ALIA’s research program and help ALIA create a culture of research and scholarly enquiry in our profession.
- Let your organisation benefit from discounted registrations on ALIA Training events and conferences along with discounted registrations to events held by our partner associations.(members at C4, C5 and C6 level have the option to receive discounted rates for up to three employees).
- Encourage your staff to access ALIA’s Career Development Kit which is designed to help your staff build their professional knowledge.